Sunday 12 September 2010

Sedated

So tired, so relaxed and heavy, can’t focus, yet somehow
Alert
Feeling numb and empty
Yet I know my emotions are there
Just not
Quite
Within
My
Comprehension
Everything’s a daze, a blur, dreamlike
Feeling warm and fuzzy as if I’m merry on drink
The day seeming to
Drag
Yet simultaneously
Fly
Not quite sure what I’ve done, what I’m doing, or where this is going
Just typing, not really seeing, just…..
Hungry, so hungry
But
Not really
Just mindlessly eating
Carrying on as if a machine
Losing thoughts
Forgetting
What was the point of this?
****
Trying to remember where
This is going
And what I’ve already written
****
Staring
Wondering
Trying to make sense of what’s going
On inside of my head right now
****
So tired, so relaxed and heavy, can’t focus, yet somehow
Alert
Feeling numb and empty
And
Everything
Is running
Ever
So
Slow
That is feels like
I might just suddenly
****
Stop

 
© Toni Higgs 12/09/10

No comments:

Post a Comment