Tuesday 27 July 2010

One Way Mirror (written 15 Jun 2010)

This poem was partly inspired by Russell Michael's song "Have You Ever Loved":

ONE WAY MIRROR

I sense you near me
So close at times
My skin tingles with your touch
Other times things
Are much more subtle
A presence too faint to notice
But I always know when you’re near

I can feel your touch
I can hear you there
My senses are alive
When you are near
But I am blind to you
My eyes just can’t see
What I know is there

What’s stopping me from seeing you
When you’re overloading my other senses?
What’s holding me back
From my visual awakening?
I can see everything else
That feels this real to me
So why can’t I see you?

You have the ability to find me
No matter where I am
Free to come and go as you please
But I’m left staggering aimlessly searching
Trying desperately to see anything
Through the drunken stupor
Your presence is intoxicating
My other senses with


© Toni Higgs 15/06/10

No comments:

Post a Comment