Tuesday 27 July 2010

The Promise (Finished 11 Jan 2010)

This is something I started writing a while ago that I put aside for a bit and just looked at it again today. It is partly inspired by The 69 Eyes album "Back in Blood":

THE PROMISE

Life without you is so dead and black
How I wish I could rewind time back
To have you with me once again
So you can take away all my pain

My heart died along with you
I buried it with you too
I don’t know how mortality, my body sustains
As the miracle of life no longer flows through my veins

I feel so alone
With my heart and soul gone
I have nothing left, to life give
Yet somehow I continue to live

Time passes so slowly now
And although I’ll never forget your vow
I wish the reaper soon, my life would take
As the longer I’m without you the loss of my sanity is at stake

I’m beginning to see
That something has happened to me
I don’t know what to do
The more time that passes, the more I seem to crave you

This is a new feeling
Which has set my mind reeling
A hunger is developing that is impossible to ignore
That has struck me at my very core

This need to be with you is insatiable
It’s making me feel increasingly uncomfortable
I know you said our love was eternal
But this wait to be with you again is so infernal

Although I love it when you are in my dreams
My temporary happiness is punctured by my own screams
Without you I’m lost within an abyss
And these dreams remind me of how much, you I miss

I have wanted many a time to my own life take
But my promise to you I could never bring myself to break
So while I wait, for both of us I live on
But know this my love. Rakastan sinua niin paljon


© Toni Higgs 11/01/10

No comments:

Post a Comment