Tuesday 27 July 2010

Time Again (Written 06 Nov 2009)

It’s that time of year again
When my heart drowns in grief and pain
I try my best to stay afloat
But there’s no stop button on my emotional remote

I do get a warning first
That my walls are going to burst
That I’m about to drown in tears
Caused by my ever present grief, misery and fears

I can feel what I’ve been keeping inside of me
Trying it’s best to break free
And with each harder hit
I know there’s no way I can stop it

It’s weakened me to the brink of despair
And way past the point of repair
So against it, I have no more power
And no choice do I have but to me, let it devour

As I crack and it floods in
I wait for the nightmare to begin
For you see it’s that time of year again
When my heart drowns in grief and pain


© Toni Higgs 06/11/09

No comments:

Post a Comment